BLOG | CONTACT US | HAI UNA VILLA? | TRAVEL AGENCIES
Follow italyprestige on Twitter

3/1/12

Interview with Vicky Millar

1. Tell me about yourself and your profession
I'm a freelance makeup artist and hair stylist based in Toronto, Canada. I primarily work with commercial, advertising and bridal clients.
I offer traditional and airbrush makeup applications along with hairstyling services such as intricate bridal updo's and/or fashion related hairstyles.


vicky millar

2. What are the make-up trends for Brides this year?
Colour! Whether it be a touch of colour on the cheek or eyelid or a full out red lip, colour is all the rage for 2012. Brides can add a little colour to their wedding day makeup look but toning down bright colours in order to create a more elegant subtle look.

3. Do you generally please the Bride with the kind of look and make-up she would like, or do you try recommend your point of view?
It's very important to give your client the look they desire. After all, they are paying me for a service and I want them to be delighted with their look. I will however offer recommendations if I believe the look they are asking for won't suit them. In almost all situations client's welcome my input.

4. If the Bride has chosen to have a destination wedding, do you still offer her your professional services and follow her to the country where the marriage is to take place?
Yes, I do and have done destination wedding work. I limit the amount of destination weddings I do per year only because I'm often booked up to a year in advance for weddings and my time has already been accounted for. For those brides who book me early, I do offer my regular bridal service to them wherever they may be getting married. Quite often when I am unable to provide my services for a destination bride I do instead offer makeup artist and hair stylist recommendations in cities around the world to assist them.




5. How many times, before the wedding day do you see the bride for the make-up trial?
In general I meet my brides once before their wedding day and it's at her trial. At the trial we determine the look she would like and create her complete bridal look. I keep in contact with my brides prior to the wedding day by providing them schedules (for large wedding parties) and confirming things such as wedding day timing. I also encourage my brides to get in touch with me for additional questions they may have.

6. What kind of colours or make-up do you strongly discourage the Bride to use?
I don't discourage any colours or any type of makeup. Every bride is different, every skin tone and texture is unique and what works on one bride might not work on another. It's really about understanding what look your client really wants on her wedding, analyzing her skin texture and tone and making it happen for her.
7. What is your heartfelt suggestion to your clients?
My suggestion is to do your research to find the makeup artist and hair stylist who has a similar style to your own or a style that you would like to see for yourself on your wedding day. Contact them early on in your wedding planning. Once you find the right artist, book them immediately so you can relax knowing your bridal beauty is taken care of. I think many bride's wait too long to book their wedding makeup and hair causing themselves added stress.


Visit Vicky Millar website

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Copyright© Prestige Italy All Rights Reserved.
Via Belisario, 4/A 05018 Orvieto (TR) - Umbria Italy
Tel +39 0763 21 43 34   Fax +39 0763 34 35 78